Jul 9, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Adam Eaton was supposed to open this season as Arizona’s starting center fielder and leadoff man.
It’s three months late, but he’s finally in that role.
According to television reporter Jody Jackson of FOX Sports Arizona, Eaton, who suffered a sprained UCL in his left elbow during the middle of spring training, has officially been activated from the disabled list and is batting leadoff and starting in center field on Tuesday night against the Dodgers.
The Diamondbacks have a crowded outfield at the moment with Gerardo Parra, Jason Kubel, Cody Ross, A.J. Pollock and Martin Prado all in good health, but Eaton carries exciting upside and should get something resembling everyday at-bats. The athletic 24-year-old from Springfield, Ohio hit .259/.382/.412 with two homers, two stolen bases and 19 runs scored in 103 plate appearances last season for the Snakes.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)