Jul 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Ryan Braun, who’s spent the past month on the sidelines with a thumb injury, is back in the Brewers’ lineup tonight against the Reds.
Braun played through the injury for quite a while before the Brewers finally decided to shut him down in early June. Milwaukee’s lineup still isn’t close to full strength, however, as Aramis Ramirez basically took Braun’s spot on the disabled list with a left knee injury.
Despite playing through pain for much of the season Braun hit .309 with nine homers and an .890 OPS in 57 games before the DL stint, including seven hits in his last 17 at-bats.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 145
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (146)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)