Jul 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Ryan Braun, who’s spent the past month on the sidelines with a thumb injury, is back in the Brewers’ lineup tonight against the Reds.
Braun played through the injury for quite a while before the Brewers finally decided to shut him down in early June. Milwaukee’s lineup still isn’t close to full strength, however, as Aramis Ramirez basically took Braun’s spot on the disabled list with a left knee injury.
Despite playing through pain for much of the season Braun hit .309 with nine homers and an .890 OPS in 57 games before the DL stint, including seven hits in his last 17 at-bats.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 101
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 3
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (104)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)