Jul 9, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
WFAN’s SweenyMurti reports that the veteran third baseman finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in his third rehab game on Tuesday evening with the High-A Tampa Yankees. It was his fifth rehab game overall and he’s now 1-for-12 with a single three strikeouts.
A-Rod’s current rehab track calls for a late-July return to the Yankees, but he’s going to have to hit minor league pitching first. And there’s also that report that Major League Baseball is expected to announce a bunch of Biogenesis-related suspensions shortly after the All-Star break. A-Rod is a key player in that case and will speak to MLB investigators on Friday according to the New York Daily News.
Yankees third basemen have registered a combined .229/.291/.310 batting line so far in 2013.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)