Jul 9, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
WFAN’s SweenyMurti reports that the veteran third baseman finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in his third rehab game on Tuesday evening with the High-A Tampa Yankees. It was his fifth rehab game overall and he’s now 1-for-12 with a single three strikeouts.
A-Rod’s current rehab track calls for a late-July return to the Yankees, but he’s going to have to hit minor league pitching first. And there’s also that report that Major League Baseball is expected to announce a bunch of Biogenesis-related suspensions shortly after the All-Star break. A-Rod is a key player in that case and will speak to MLB investigators on Friday according to the New York Daily News.
Yankees third basemen have registered a combined .229/.291/.310 batting line so far in 2013.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (106)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (82)