Jul 9, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
WFAN’s SweenyMurti reports that the veteran third baseman finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in his third rehab game on Tuesday evening with the High-A Tampa Yankees. It was his fifth rehab game overall and he’s now 1-for-12 with a single three strikeouts.
A-Rod’s current rehab track calls for a late-July return to the Yankees, but he’s going to have to hit minor league pitching first. And there’s also that report that Major League Baseball is expected to announce a bunch of Biogenesis-related suspensions shortly after the All-Star break. A-Rod is a key player in that case and will speak to MLB investigators on Friday according to the New York Daily News.
Yankees third basemen have registered a combined .229/.291/.310 batting line so far in 2013.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (118)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)