Jul 9, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
WFAN’s SweenyMurti reports that the veteran third baseman finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in his third rehab game on Tuesday evening with the High-A Tampa Yankees. It was his fifth rehab game overall and he’s now 1-for-12 with a single three strikeouts.
A-Rod’s current rehab track calls for a late-July return to the Yankees, but he’s going to have to hit minor league pitching first. And there’s also that report that Major League Baseball is expected to announce a bunch of Biogenesis-related suspensions shortly after the All-Star break. A-Rod is a key player in that case and will speak to MLB investigators on Friday according to the New York Daily News.
Yankees third basemen have registered a combined .229/.291/.310 batting line so far in 2013.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)