Jul 9, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
WFAN’s SweenyMurti reports that the veteran third baseman finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in his third rehab game on Tuesday evening with the High-A Tampa Yankees. It was his fifth rehab game overall and he’s now 1-for-12 with a single three strikeouts.
A-Rod’s current rehab track calls for a late-July return to the Yankees, but he’s going to have to hit minor league pitching first. And there’s also that report that Major League Baseball is expected to announce a bunch of Biogenesis-related suspensions shortly after the All-Star break. A-Rod is a key player in that case and will speak to MLB investigators on Friday according to the New York Daily News.
Yankees third basemen have registered a combined .229/.291/.310 batting line so far in 2013.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17