Jul 9, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Maybe “throw” or “work out” or “try out” is the better verb, but given Wilson’s historic theatricality, “audition” does seem more appropriate.
Teams aware that Brian Wilson could audition for scouts around Aug. 1. He’s been working out in Hawaii.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 9, 2013
There’s also a theatricality to his rehab. He’s been out of sight. And now, if he comes back strong and helps someone contender this year, you just know that he’s going to give interviews about how he was in the wilderness and stuff like that. It’s gonna be very “Brian Wilson Returns.”
And I’m kinda OK with that. Not gonna lie: sorta miss that guy.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)