Jul 9, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Maybe “throw” or “work out” or “try out” is the better verb, but given Wilson’s historic theatricality, “audition” does seem more appropriate.
Teams aware that Brian Wilson could audition for scouts around Aug. 1. He’s been working out in Hawaii.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 9, 2013
There’s also a theatricality to his rehab. He’s been out of sight. And now, if he comes back strong and helps someone contender this year, you just know that he’s going to give interviews about how he was in the wilderness and stuff like that. It’s gonna be very “Brian Wilson Returns.”
And I’m kinda OK with that. Not gonna lie: sorta miss that guy.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)