Jul 9, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Maybe “throw” or “work out” or “try out” is the better verb, but given Wilson’s historic theatricality, “audition” does seem more appropriate.
Teams aware that Brian Wilson could audition for scouts around Aug. 1. He’s been working out in Hawaii.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 9, 2013
There’s also a theatricality to his rehab. He’s been out of sight. And now, if he comes back strong and helps someone contender this year, you just know that he’s going to give interviews about how he was in the wilderness and stuff like that. It’s gonna be very “Brian Wilson Returns.”
And I’m kinda OK with that. Not gonna lie: sorta miss that guy.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 100
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)