Jul 9, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Maybe “throw” or “work out” or “try out” is the better verb, but given Wilson’s historic theatricality, “audition” does seem more appropriate.
Teams aware that Brian Wilson could audition for scouts around Aug. 1. He’s been working out in Hawaii.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 9, 2013
There’s also a theatricality to his rehab. He’s been out of sight. And now, if he comes back strong and helps someone contender this year, you just know that he’s going to give interviews about how he was in the wilderness and stuff like that. It’s gonna be very “Brian Wilson Returns.”
And I’m kinda OK with that. Not gonna lie: sorta miss that guy.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 10
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)