Jul 9, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
As first reported by beat reporter Nick Camino of Cleveland’s Newsradio WTAM 1100, the Indians will call up 23-year-old right-hander Danny Salazar to make his major league debut in a spot start Thursday afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Salazar has posted a promising 3.08 ERA and 1.11 WHIP across 17 starts this season between Double-A Akron and Triple-A Columbus, striking out 100 batters and issuing only 23 walks in 76 innings.
Salazar will likely be optioned back to Columbus after the outing. Trevor Bauer was in consideration for the assignment but is still struggling with his command in the minors.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)