Jul 9, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
Mets ace Matt Harvey is battling blisters on his pitching hand. It may cause the Mets to skip his next start, reports the New York Post. This could also impact his availability for the All-Star Game, although which way it cuts is hard to say.
He was scheduled to pitch on Sunday, which would have limited him to one inning of All-Star Game duty. If the blisters are fixed by the skipped start, however, he could then pitch more in the All-Star Game than he otherwise would have. On the other hand, the blisters may be enough to knock him out of the All-Star Game entirely. That plus a skipped start would give him a nice break, actually. And in a season where the Mets aren’t competing for anything meaningful, why not rest your future a bit more?
All-Star opportunity or one of the many All-Star injuries — real or otherwise — we’ll see this week? Guess we’ll know eventually.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)