Jul 9, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
Mets ace Matt Harvey is battling blisters on his pitching hand. It may cause the Mets to skip his next start, reports the New York Post. This could also impact his availability for the All-Star Game, although which way it cuts is hard to say.
He was scheduled to pitch on Sunday, which would have limited him to one inning of All-Star Game duty. If the blisters are fixed by the skipped start, however, he could then pitch more in the All-Star Game than he otherwise would have. On the other hand, the blisters may be enough to knock him out of the All-Star Game entirely. That plus a skipped start would give him a nice break, actually. And in a season where the Mets aren’t competing for anything meaningful, why not rest your future a bit more?
All-Star opportunity or one of the many All-Star injuries — real or otherwise — we’ll see this week? Guess we’ll know eventually.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 8
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 3
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (87)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)