Jul 9, 2013, 9:08 AM EDT
Ain’t that a daisy?
Sources: Francoeur agrees with #SFGiants.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 9, 2013
I’d be inclined to joke that this should fix everything for the Giants, but Brian Sabean and Jeff Francoeur have both made me look foolish for doubting their success — even if I disagree with their methods — in the past. So let’s just watch this one play out, shall we?
In the meantime:
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)