Jul 9, 2013, 7:42 PM EDT
Shaun Marcum‘s time with the Mets is likely over.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that the right-hander has been shut down for the remainder of the 2013 season because of lingering pain and numbness that extends from his upper back and neck down to the finger tips on his pitching hand.
Marcum, who signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract in January, registered a 5.29 ERA, 1.35 WHIP and 60/21 K/BB ratio in 78 1/3 innings with the Mets. He will turn 32 years old in December.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)