Jul 9, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
After missing five straight games with a sprained ankle the Tigers have placed Omar Infante on the disabled list.
Infante injured his ankle Wednesday when Blue Jays center fielder Colby Rasmus slid into him at second base, although it was initially called a shin contusion.
Ramon Santiago has been subbing for Infante at second base after barely playing through the first 83 games. Infante hit .309 with six homers and a .787 OPS in 76 games before getting hurt, whereas Santiago has a .242 batting average and .641 OPS for his career.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)