Jul 9, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
After missing five straight games with a sprained ankle the Tigers have placed Omar Infante on the disabled list.
Infante injured his ankle Wednesday when Blue Jays center fielder Colby Rasmus slid into him at second base, although it was initially called a shin contusion.
Ramon Santiago has been subbing for Infante at second base after barely playing through the first 83 games. Infante hit .309 with six homers and a .787 OPS in 76 games before getting hurt, whereas Santiago has a .242 batting average and .641 OPS for his career.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)