Jul 9, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
After missing five straight games with a sprained ankle the Tigers have placed Omar Infante on the disabled list.
Infante injured his ankle Wednesday when Blue Jays center fielder Colby Rasmus slid into him at second base, although it was initially called a shin contusion.
Ramon Santiago has been subbing for Infante at second base after barely playing through the first 83 games. Infante hit .309 with six homers and a .787 OPS in 76 games before getting hurt, whereas Santiago has a .242 batting average and .641 OPS for his career.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)