Jul 9, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
With the Reds down to their final out tonight against Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez, Joey Votto sent a long drive to center field which appeared destined to fall for a go-ahead two-run homer. However, Carlos Gomez would have none of that.
Incredible. The reactions on both sides are priceless. Rodriguez has his hands on his head in shock, not unlike what he did when Luis Castillo infamously dropped a pop-fly against the Yankees in the 2009 season. Then there’s Votto, who can hardly believe that the ball was caught, asking the umpires to check Gomez’s glove. But it was real. And spectacular. What a year for Gomez so far.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)