Jul 9, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
With the Reds down to their final out tonight against Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez, Joey Votto sent a long drive to center field which appeared destined to fall for a go-ahead two-run homer. However, Carlos Gomez would have none of that.
Incredible. The reactions on both sides are priceless. Rodriguez has his hands on his head in shock, not unlike what he did when Luis Castillo infamously dropped a pop-fly against the Yankees in the 2009 season. Then there’s Votto, who can hardly believe that the ball was caught, asking the umpires to check Gomez’s glove. But it was real. And spectacular. What a year for Gomez so far.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)