Jul 9, 2013, 12:13 AM EST
With the Reds down to their final out tonight against Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez, Joey Votto sent a long drive to center field which appeared destined to fall for a go-ahead two-run homer. However, Carlos Gomez would have none of that.
Incredible. The reactions on both sides are priceless. Rodriguez has his hands on his head in shock, not unlike what he did when Luis Castillo infamously dropped a pop-fly against the Yankees in the 2009 season. Then there’s Votto, who can hardly believe that the ball was caught, asking the umpires to check Gomez’s glove. But it was real. And spectacular. What a year for Gomez so far.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)