Jul 9, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
With the Reds down to their final out tonight against Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez, Joey Votto sent a long drive to center field which appeared destined to fall for a go-ahead two-run homer. However, Carlos Gomez would have none of that.
Incredible. The reactions on both sides are priceless. Rodriguez has his hands on his head in shock, not unlike what he did when Luis Castillo infamously dropped a pop-fly against the Yankees in the 2009 season. Then there’s Votto, who can hardly believe that the ball was caught, asking the umpires to check Gomez’s glove. But it was real. And spectacular. What a year for Gomez so far.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)