Jul 9, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
With the Reds down to their final out tonight against Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez, Joey Votto sent a long drive to center field which appeared destined to fall for a go-ahead two-run homer. However, Carlos Gomez would have none of that.
Incredible. The reactions on both sides are priceless. Rodriguez has his hands on his head in shock, not unlike what he did when Luis Castillo infamously dropped a pop-fly against the Yankees in the 2009 season. Then there’s Votto, who can hardly believe that the ball was caught, asking the umpires to check Gomez’s glove. But it was real. And spectacular. What a year for Gomez so far.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)