Jul 9, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Considering the initial wave of panic that swept through St. Louis when Molina went for an MRI exam over the weekend his quick return obviously qualifies as extremely good news.
Molina, who received the most votes of any National League player in the All-Star balloting, will be starting tonight for the 79th time in the Cardinals’ first 88 games. He’s hitting an NL-best .346 and also leads the league with 26 doubles, giving him a career-high OPS for the third straight season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)