Jul 10, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
The New York Post called Anna Benson in jail. She took the call. And then she explained why she broke into her estranged husband’s house while armed and wearing a bulletproof vest: Kris Benson was “f***ing my friends, in my house,” she claimed. And she’s starting a bulletproof vest company and had to field-mold a new model to her body. She added that she’s “all about love.”
Well, that clears that up.
And more details have emerged from the incident:
Anna Benson, dressed all in black, had a black Taurus Judge revolver, expandable baton and red folding Batman knife with her, police said. Also recovered was a hatchet, a Taser, 13 bullets, a bag of syringes and eight pills, police said.Anna demanded $30,000 while repeatedly screaming, “P—y!’’ at Kris, cops said.
She beat her chest with the baton like an ape, smashed her husband’s computer terminal and pulled the gun out of her purse, said Kris Benson, 38, who was traded by the Mets in 2005 and has since retired.
When the cops showed up she was on the back deck, smoking a cigarette and then told the cops that Kris Benson was a “p***y.”
This is one instance where less criminal justice and more mental health assistance is probably needed. And if she has a lawyer, he or she needs to tell her to stop taking calls from tabloids.
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 37
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 17
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 43
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)