Jul 10, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
The New York Post called Anna Benson in jail. She took the call. And then she explained why she broke into her estranged husband’s house while armed and wearing a bulletproof vest: Kris Benson was “f***ing my friends, in my house,” she claimed. And she’s starting a bulletproof vest company and had to field-mold a new model to her body. She added that she’s “all about love.”
Well, that clears that up.
And more details have emerged from the incident:
Anna Benson, dressed all in black, had a black Taurus Judge revolver, expandable baton and red folding Batman knife with her, police said. Also recovered was a hatchet, a Taser, 13 bullets, a bag of syringes and eight pills, police said.Anna demanded $30,000 while repeatedly screaming, “P—y!’’ at Kris, cops said.
She beat her chest with the baton like an ape, smashed her husband’s computer terminal and pulled the gun out of her purse, said Kris Benson, 38, who was traded by the Mets in 2005 and has since retired.
When the cops showed up she was on the back deck, smoking a cigarette and then told the cops that Kris Benson was a “p***y.”
This is one instance where less criminal justice and more mental health assistance is probably needed. And if she has a lawyer, he or she needs to tell her to stop taking calls from tabloids.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 44
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 73
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)