Jul 10, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
The New York Post called Anna Benson in jail. She took the call. And then she explained why she broke into her estranged husband’s house while armed and wearing a bulletproof vest: Kris Benson was “f***ing my friends, in my house,” she claimed. And she’s starting a bulletproof vest company and had to field-mold a new model to her body. She added that she’s “all about love.”
Well, that clears that up.
And more details have emerged from the incident:
Anna Benson, dressed all in black, had a black Taurus Judge revolver, expandable baton and red folding Batman knife with her, police said. Also recovered was a hatchet, a Taser, 13 bullets, a bag of syringes and eight pills, police said.Anna demanded $30,000 while repeatedly screaming, “P—y!’’ at Kris, cops said.
She beat her chest with the baton like an ape, smashed her husband’s computer terminal and pulled the gun out of her purse, said Kris Benson, 38, who was traded by the Mets in 2005 and has since retired.
When the cops showed up she was on the back deck, smoking a cigarette and then told the cops that Kris Benson was a “p***y.”
This is one instance where less criminal justice and more mental health assistance is probably needed. And if she has a lawyer, he or she needs to tell her to stop taking calls from tabloids.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)