Jul 10, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
The New York Post called Anna Benson in jail. She took the call. And then she explained why she broke into her estranged husband’s house while armed and wearing a bulletproof vest: Kris Benson was “f***ing my friends, in my house,” she claimed. And she’s starting a bulletproof vest company and had to field-mold a new model to her body. She added that she’s “all about love.”
Well, that clears that up.
And more details have emerged from the incident:
Anna Benson, dressed all in black, had a black Taurus Judge revolver, expandable baton and red folding Batman knife with her, police said. Also recovered was a hatchet, a Taser, 13 bullets, a bag of syringes and eight pills, police said.Anna demanded $30,000 while repeatedly screaming, “P—y!’’ at Kris, cops said.
She beat her chest with the baton like an ape, smashed her husband’s computer terminal and pulled the gun out of her purse, said Kris Benson, 38, who was traded by the Mets in 2005 and has since retired.
When the cops showed up she was on the back deck, smoking a cigarette and then told the cops that Kris Benson was a “p***y.”
This is one instance where less criminal justice and more mental health assistance is probably needed. And if she has a lawyer, he or she needs to tell her to stop taking calls from tabloids.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)