Anna Benson was wearing a bulletproof vest because she’s starting a bulletproof vest company. Oh.

Jul 10, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT

Children At Heart Gala To Benefit Children Of Chernobyl Getty Images

The New York Post called Anna Benson in jail. She took the call. And then she explained why she broke into her estranged husband’s house while armed and wearing a bulletproof vest: Kris Benson was “f***ing my friends, in my house,” she claimed. And she’s starting a bulletproof vest company and had to field-mold a new model to her body. She added that she’s “all about love.”

Well, that clears that up.

And more details have emerged from the incident:

Anna Benson, dressed all in black, had a black Taurus Judge revolver, expandable baton and red folding Batman knife with her, police said. Also recovered was a hatchet, a Taser, 13 bullets, a bag of syringes and eight pills, police said.Anna demanded $30,000 while repeatedly screaming, “P—y!’’ at Kris, cops said.

She beat her chest with the baton like an ape, smashed her husband’s computer terminal and pulled the gun out of her purse, said Kris Benson, 38, who was traded by the Mets in 2005 and has since retired.

When the cops showed up she was on the back deck, smoking a cigarette and then told the cops that Kris Benson was a “p***y.”

This is one instance where less criminal justice and more mental health assistance is probably needed. And if she has a lawyer, he or she needs to tell her to stop taking calls from tabloids.

1. therealbigben - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I bet she’s great in the sack tho

• number42is1 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM

don’t you mean in a car, in the parking lot of old shea stadium?

• badintent - Jul 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Next to the old car junkyard with the 10,000+ stolen car radios and tape players.NO surprise there.

• aceshigh11 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM

The crazy chicks usually are. Just don’t MARRY them.

• brewcrewfan54 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Too many guys get blinded by action they’re getting.

• Old Gator - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Brown Dog, that immortal creation of Jim Harrison, the great, great novelist from the Upper Penninsula (no pun intended), calls it a pussy trance. I’m good with that.

• Old Gator - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Oh and Uncle Moses – okay, you’re doing Cormac McCarthy, which is an irreplaceable supplement to your spiritual life. When you’ve read Suttree I will introduce you to Brown Dog, the un-Judge Holden, and to the wondrous world of Jim Harrison. You will thank me.

• unclemosesgreen - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM

OG I just got the second and third of the Border Trilogy from reserve in my library. Suttree was going to be my next book. As my benign book list despot is this agreeable?

Also have you read any Don Winslow?

• kurtstallings - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Word.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Yeah…I made that mistake with my 1st Wife Aces.
        She used to openly admit to starting fights because the make up sex was better.
        It was the 1/2 Comanche part of her that brought it about. I used to routinely walk through the house…round a corner and immediately have to dodge objects being thrown at me. The other 1/2 (Kiowa Indian) was very laid back. True story.

2. unclemosesgreen - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Why is everyone so touchy about the word poopy?

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

There is no getting around – you are da’ man!

Sometimes ;)

3. hep3 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Stay classy, Anna, stay classy.

4. steve7921 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Her and Aaron would make a great new reality series… Romance Behind Bars! Now where is Andy Cohen’s email address again….

5. brewcrewfan54 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Sadly, the odds of her getting her own tv show again are pretty good.

• Old Gator - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM

A talk show with Amanda Bynes as her straight man.

• brewcrewfan54 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Heyoooooo!

6. datdangdrewdundunituhgin - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM

we’re all crazy. she just needs to find someone on her level of crazy. i think jail/institution is a good start for her level of crazy. or a government job.

7. chill1184 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Why are the hot ones always so F-ed up in the head?

• Old Gator - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Genetic complex. The chromosomes are all wound around each other. You peel away the one for crazy and the telomeres unravel on the “great tits” gene…and then…well, you know. There’s no chromosome for underwires.

• unclemosesgreen - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM

You just think she’s a “hot one” because she publicly demonstrated a willingness to degrade herself. To me it makes her a “sad and likely mentally ill one.”

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

“Why are the hot ones always so F-ed up in the head?”

I can’t decide if what I am about to say is sexist or feminist….but there are hot baseball wives (yes, even in a “gentlemans” mag kind of way) that are very intelligent, sane and grounded. Mrs. Hamels comes to mind

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jul 10, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Why are the hot ones always so F-ed up in the head?

May I introduce you to the Crazy Hot Scale, aka the Vicky Mendoza Diagonal:

• chill1184 - Jul 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Ok Church you win

• badintent - Jul 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Freaking slam dunk. A new classic is born.The Mendoza line. Who the hell knew ?

8. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Was that a full-support type vest? Does it come with or without underwire? Perhaps there is a need in that particular niche market.

9. onbucky96 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Naughty girl…

10. pjmitch - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM

What the heck is a Batman knife?

• brewcrewfan54 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Ask Craig. He’s the Batman afficienado ’round these parts.

11. qcubed3 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM

She had a red folding Batman knife on her?

Like this” Batman Knife!

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Lol! At $7.95 I bet it can’t slice butter.

12. jerze2387 - Jul 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Does this remind anybody else of the Reno 911 Episode with the new vests? She must have looked like Deputy Johnson….

13. stairwayto7 - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Did she have any handcuffs? GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

14. sportsdrenched - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I wonder if she smokes after she shoots other peoples guns too?

15. Detroit Michael - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Perhaps she also needs to start a company that sells hatchets to explain why she was carrying that.

16. micknangold - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM

That’s sexy.

17. The Dangerous Mabry - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

She’s fallen way down below the Vicky Mendoza diagonal at this point.

18. albertmn - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM

All of you talking about great in the sack, hot, sexy, etc. have obviously not seen a recent picture. She used to be intriguing, but is not a large beast that sounds like a man.

By the way, kind of ironic that she would claim Kris was having sex with her friends when her famous statement was that she was going to sleep with all of his teammates if she caught him cheating. I think he is calling your bluff Anna. Bet you can’t find two of his former teammates to take you up on the offer.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Come on Albert. Who among us doesn’t look like shit warmed over in our mug shots?

• brewcrewfan54 - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Not to mention finding 2 of his former teammates to bang her would be pretty easy.

• badintent - Jul 11, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Called her bluff. But didn’t think that they would posted it on Face Book with a instruction video too.

19. tfbuckfutter - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Holy shit.

She was carrying a Taurus Judge?

That revolver fires .410 shotgun shells and .45 long colts.

There is no WAY she could handle that gun.

I have a derringer that I inherited that is similar….my father in law couldn’t even pull the trigger on it.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Absolutely Buckfutter. Those Taurus Judges aren’t to be reckoned with.

• tfbuckfutter - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM

This story would have been far more interesting if it went “Kris Benson grazed by bird shot. Anna Benson admitted to local hospital with broken face.”

• tfbuckfutter - Jul 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Just so there’s no misunderstanding on that comment….I am referring to the kick from the gun.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Hahaha! I am very familiar with the Taurus Judge. No need to qualify on my end…those things have a serious recoil.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jul 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Something like this?

20. chaseutley - Jul 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

To quote the poet/philosopher Rick James, “Cocaine is one hell of a drug.”

21. chiadam - Jul 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

it’s like my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one!

22. chiadam - Jul 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM

no, no….see, I’m starting a hatchet-bag of syringes-pills-folding batman knife-bullet company.

23. makeham98 - Jul 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM

The only problem here was her asking price. If she came into my house and demanded say, $400, we might have come to a more amicable resolution.

24. jeffa43 - Jul 10, 2013 at 6:04 PM

@stlouis1baseball – Jul 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    Yeah…I made that mistake with my 1st Wife Aces.
    She used to openly admit to starting fights because the make up sex was better.
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Now I understand a lot about all your other posts……

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Lol! I hear you Jeff. Some background does help a great deal.
      As Gator says…people are complex individuals.

25. jsally430 - Jul 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

this is why you do NOT stick your dick in.crazy

Three legends off to Cooperstown