Jul 10, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Ramon Hernandez is back on the open market after just five games at Triple-A with the Blue Jays, as Toronto released the veteran catcher.
Hernandez signed a minor-league deal with the Blue Jays after being traded from the Rockies to the Dodgers and then subsequently released. At age 37 this could be the end of the line, although considering how desperate teams often get for catching depth you’d think Hernandez could latch on somewhere else for a while.
He had a very good 2011 season, but has hit just .216 with a .628 OPS in 69 games since then while also missing time with injuries.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17