Jul 10, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Awful news for the former Phillies catcher. From CSNPhilly.com:
Former Phillie Darren Daulton has been diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The news comes just over a week after Daulton had surgery to remove two tumors in his brain.
Just read the prognosis info on the Wikipedia page for glioblastoma. Hoping that, like so much other stuff on Wikipedia, it’s in error.
(thanks to Utley’s Hair for the heads up)
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)