Jul 10, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Awful news for the former Phillies catcher. From CSNPhilly.com:
Former Phillie Darren Daulton has been diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The news comes just over a week after Daulton had surgery to remove two tumors in his brain.
Just read the prognosis info on the Wikipedia page for glioblastoma. Hoping that, like so much other stuff on Wikipedia, it’s in error.
(thanks to Utley’s Hair for the heads up)
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40