Jul 10, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Awful news for the former Phillies catcher. From CSNPhilly.com:
Former Phillie Darren Daulton has been diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The news comes just over a week after Daulton had surgery to remove two tumors in his brain.
Just read the prognosis info on the Wikipedia page for glioblastoma. Hoping that, like so much other stuff on Wikipedia, it’s in error.
(thanks to Utley’s Hair for the heads up)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 65
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15