Jul 10, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
Derek Jeter just completed his fourth rehab game.
According to WFAN’s Sweeny Murti, who was on the scene Wednesday at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, the veteran shortstop went 0-for-3 with two groundouts and a strikeout before being lifted prior to the start of the eighth inning. Jeter had a busy night in the field against the Twins’ Triple-A affiliate from Rochester, New York, seeing total seven chances. He committed one throwing error and mishandled a flip at second base, which allowed a run to score.
Jeter is now 1-for-9 with four walks and two strikeouts since joining up with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. There is talk of him joining the Yankees on Friday, but that seems a tad optimistic at present.
If Jeter performs better on Thursday — especially in the field — maybe he can better force the issue.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger passes along this note:
One scout who saw a rusty Derek Jeter tonight, when informed about plan to have him in the majors by Friday: “Good luck.”
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) July 11, 2013
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 7
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)