Jul 10, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
Derek Jeter just completed his fourth rehab game.
According to WFAN’s Sweeny Murti, who was on the scene Wednesday at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, the veteran shortstop went 0-for-3 with two groundouts and a strikeout before being lifted prior to the start of the eighth inning. Jeter had a busy night in the field against the Twins’ Triple-A affiliate from Rochester, New York, seeing total seven chances. He committed one throwing error and mishandled a flip at second base, which allowed a run to score.
Jeter is now 1-for-9 with four walks and two strikeouts since joining up with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. There is talk of him joining the Yankees on Friday, but that seems a tad optimistic at present.
If Jeter performs better on Thursday — especially in the field — maybe he can better force the issue.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger passes along this note:
One scout who saw a rusty Derek Jeter tonight, when informed about plan to have him in the majors by Friday: “Good luck.”
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) July 11, 2013
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)