Jul 10, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
Derek Jeter just completed his fourth rehab game.
According to WFAN’s Sweeny Murti, who was on the scene Wednesday at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, the veteran shortstop went 0-for-3 with two groundouts and a strikeout before being lifted prior to the start of the eighth inning. Jeter had a busy night in the field against the Twins’ Triple-A affiliate from Rochester, New York, seeing total seven chances. He committed one throwing error and mishandled a flip at second base, which allowed a run to score.
Jeter is now 1-for-9 with four walks and two strikeouts since joining up with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. There is talk of him joining the Yankees on Friday, but that seems a tad optimistic at present.
If Jeter performs better on Thursday — especially in the field — maybe he can better force the issue.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger passes along this note:
One scout who saw a rusty Derek Jeter tonight, when informed about plan to have him in the majors by Friday: “Good luck.”
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) July 11, 2013
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 33
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)