Jul 10, 2013, 10:48 PM EDT
Derek Jeter just completed his fourth rehab game.
According to WFAN’s Sweeny Murti, who was on the scene Wednesday at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, the veteran shortstop went 0-for-3 with two groundouts and a strikeout before being lifted prior to the start of the eighth inning. Jeter had a busy night in the field against the Twins’ Triple-A affiliate from Rochester, New York, seeing total seven chances. He committed one throwing error and mishandled a flip at second base, which allowed a run to score.
Jeter is now 1-for-9 with four walks and two strikeouts since joining up with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. There is talk of him joining the Yankees on Friday, but that seems a tad optimistic at present.
If Jeter performs better on Thursday — especially in the field — maybe he can better force the issue.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger passes along this note:
One scout who saw a rusty Derek Jeter tonight, when informed about plan to have him in the majors by Friday: “Good luck.”
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) July 11, 2013
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)