Jul 10, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
This is sorta like those reports of team planes flying to the hometowns of free agents in December and those are often full of it, but for what it’s worth, George King of the New York Post reports:
Derek Jeter’s equipment from Tampa has made it to The Bronx, likely meaning the Yankees captain won’t be far behind.
Jeter’s equipment coming to New York, as opposed to Scranton where the shortstop will continue his Triple-A rehab tonight, is a very strong indication he will be in pinstripes this weekend for the Yankees final games before the All-Star break against the Twins.
Joe Girardi said yesterday that he’d like to see Jeter play back-to-back games in the field before coming to New York. He had last night off but is scheduled to start at shortstop tonight. If he does the same thing tomorrow you have to figure he’s in New York this weekend.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)