Jul 10, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
This is sorta like those reports of team planes flying to the hometowns of free agents in December and those are often full of it, but for what it’s worth, George King of the New York Post reports:
Derek Jeter’s equipment from Tampa has made it to The Bronx, likely meaning the Yankees captain won’t be far behind.
Jeter’s equipment coming to New York, as opposed to Scranton where the shortstop will continue his Triple-A rehab tonight, is a very strong indication he will be in pinstripes this weekend for the Yankees final games before the All-Star break against the Twins.
Joe Girardi said yesterday that he’d like to see Jeter play back-to-back games in the field before coming to New York. He had last night off but is scheduled to start at shortstop tonight. If he does the same thing tomorrow you have to figure he’s in New York this weekend.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (99)