Jul 10, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
This is sorta like those reports of team planes flying to the hometowns of free agents in December and those are often full of it, but for what it’s worth, George King of the New York Post reports:
Derek Jeter’s equipment from Tampa has made it to The Bronx, likely meaning the Yankees captain won’t be far behind.
Jeter’s equipment coming to New York, as opposed to Scranton where the shortstop will continue his Triple-A rehab tonight, is a very strong indication he will be in pinstripes this weekend for the Yankees final games before the All-Star break against the Twins.
Joe Girardi said yesterday that he’d like to see Jeter play back-to-back games in the field before coming to New York. He had last night off but is scheduled to start at shortstop tonight. If he does the same thing tomorrow you have to figure he’s in New York this weekend.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 112
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (120)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (100)