Jul 10, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
This is sorta like those reports of team planes flying to the hometowns of free agents in December and those are often full of it, but for what it’s worth, George King of the New York Post reports:
Derek Jeter’s equipment from Tampa has made it to The Bronx, likely meaning the Yankees captain won’t be far behind.
Jeter’s equipment coming to New York, as opposed to Scranton where the shortstop will continue his Triple-A rehab tonight, is a very strong indication he will be in pinstripes this weekend for the Yankees final games before the All-Star break against the Twins.
Joe Girardi said yesterday that he’d like to see Jeter play back-to-back games in the field before coming to New York. He had last night off but is scheduled to start at shortstop tonight. If he does the same thing tomorrow you have to figure he’s in New York this weekend.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 79
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15