Jul 10, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Less than an hour ago we learned about Chad Gaudin getting arrested for lewdness. Then the Giants-Mets game started and Matt Cain came in and pitched all of two-thirds of the first inning, allowing three runs on two hits and three walks. And then he was yanked after throwing 36 pitches.
No word yet on whether he is injured or was merely horrifically bad today, but the Giants beat writers in attendance are speculating that something is not right with the Giants’ ace.
For three years Giants fans complained (but not really complained) about “torture.” Now they’re actually experiencing it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)