Jul 10, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Less than an hour ago we learned about Chad Gaudin getting arrested for lewdness. Then the Giants-Mets game started and Matt Cain came in and pitched all of two-thirds of the first inning, allowing three runs on two hits and three walks. And then he was yanked after throwing 36 pitches.
No word yet on whether he is injured or was merely horrifically bad today, but the Giants beat writers in attendance are speculating that something is not right with the Giants’ ace.
For three years Giants fans complained (but not really complained) about “torture.” Now they’re actually experiencing it.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)