Jul 10, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
Less than an hour ago we learned about Chad Gaudin getting arrested for lewdness. Then the Giants-Mets game started and Matt Cain came in and pitched all of two-thirds of the first inning, allowing three runs on two hits and three walks. And then he was yanked after throwing 36 pitches.
No word yet on whether he is injured or was merely horrifically bad today, but the Giants beat writers in attendance are speculating that something is not right with the Giants’ ace.
For three years Giants fans complained (but not really complained) about “torture.” Now they’re actually experiencing it.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (70)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)