Jul 10, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Less than an hour ago we learned about Chad Gaudin getting arrested for lewdness. Then the Giants-Mets game started and Matt Cain came in and pitched all of two-thirds of the first inning, allowing three runs on two hits and three walks. And then he was yanked after throwing 36 pitches.
No word yet on whether he is injured or was merely horrifically bad today, but the Giants beat writers in attendance are speculating that something is not right with the Giants’ ace.
For three years Giants fans complained (but not really complained) about “torture.” Now they’re actually experiencing it.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 24
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (111)