Jul 10, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Less than an hour ago we learned about Chad Gaudin getting arrested for lewdness. Then the Giants-Mets game started and Matt Cain came in and pitched all of two-thirds of the first inning, allowing three runs on two hits and three walks. And then he was yanked after throwing 36 pitches.
No word yet on whether he is injured or was merely horrifically bad today, but the Giants beat writers in attendance are speculating that something is not right with the Giants’ ace.
For three years Giants fans complained (but not really complained) about “torture.” Now they’re actually experiencing it.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 5
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (251)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)