Jul 10, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
From Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star-Telegram comes word that the Rangers have placed right-handed starter Yu Darvish on the 15-day disabled list with a slight strain in his right trapezuis muscle.
The Rangers are confident that the shoulder injury isn’t serious and expect Darvish to be ready for activation almost as soon as his 15 days are up. He will obviously have to drop out of the All-Star Game.
Darvish, 26, has posted a 3.02 ERA and 1.05 WHIP across 18 starts this season, fanning a whopping 157 batters in 119 1/3 innings. He allowed five runs over six innings last Saturday against the Astros in his worst start of 2013.
Texas entered play on Wednesday with a half-game deficit behind the A’s in the AL West standings.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)