Jul 10, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
From Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star-Telegram comes word that the Rangers have placed right-handed starter Yu Darvish on the 15-day disabled list with a slight strain in his right trapezuis muscle.
The Rangers are confident that the shoulder injury isn’t serious and expect Darvish to be ready for activation almost as soon as his 15 days are up. He will obviously have to drop out of the All-Star Game.
Darvish, 26, has posted a 3.02 ERA and 1.05 WHIP across 18 starts this season, fanning a whopping 157 batters in 119 1/3 innings. He allowed five runs over six innings last Saturday against the Astros in his worst start of 2013.
Texas entered play on Wednesday with a half-game deficit behind the A’s in the AL West standings.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)