Jul 10, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
From Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star-Telegram comes word that the Rangers have placed right-handed starter Yu Darvish on the 15-day disabled list with a slight strain in his right trapezuis muscle.
The Rangers are confident that the shoulder injury isn’t serious and expect Darvish to be ready for activation almost as soon as his 15 days are up. He will obviously have to drop out of the All-Star Game.
Darvish, 26, has posted a 3.02 ERA and 1.05 WHIP across 18 starts this season, fanning a whopping 157 batters in 119 1/3 innings. He allowed five runs over six innings last Saturday against the Astros in his worst start of 2013.
Texas entered play on Wednesday with a half-game deficit behind the A’s in the AL West standings.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (217)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)