Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Santiago Casilla hasn’t appeared in a game for the Giants since May 20 because of a cyst on his right knee. But the setup man is about ready to return.
According to beat writer Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Casilla will meet up with the Giants on Thursday evening in San Diego and could be activated from the disabled list for the start of a four-game weekend series against the Padres.
Casilla allowed seven hits and issued five walks in five innings during his minor league rehab work with High-A San Jose, but the Giants don’t seem too concerned with those poor results.
Casilla, 32, boasts a 2.19 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 189 1/3 total frames with San Francisco.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)