Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Santiago Casilla hasn’t appeared in a game for the Giants since May 20 because of a cyst on his right knee. But the setup man is about ready to return.
According to beat writer Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Casilla will meet up with the Giants on Thursday evening in San Diego and could be activated from the disabled list for the start of a four-game weekend series against the Padres.
Casilla allowed seven hits and issued five walks in five innings during his minor league rehab work with High-A San Jose, but the Giants don’t seem too concerned with those poor results.
Casilla, 32, boasts a 2.19 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 189 1/3 total frames with San Francisco.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)