Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Santiago Casilla hasn’t appeared in a game for the Giants since May 20 because of a cyst on his right knee. But the setup man is about ready to return.
According to beat writer Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Casilla will meet up with the Giants on Thursday evening in San Diego and could be activated from the disabled list for the start of a four-game weekend series against the Padres.
Casilla allowed seven hits and issued five walks in five innings during his minor league rehab work with High-A San Jose, but the Giants don’t seem too concerned with those poor results.
Casilla, 32, boasts a 2.19 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 189 1/3 total frames with San Francisco.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)