Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Santiago Casilla hasn’t appeared in a game for the Giants since May 20 because of a cyst on his right knee. But the setup man is about ready to return.
According to beat writer Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Casilla will meet up with the Giants on Thursday evening in San Diego and could be activated from the disabled list for the start of a four-game weekend series against the Padres.
Casilla allowed seven hits and issued five walks in five innings during his minor league rehab work with High-A San Jose, but the Giants don’t seem too concerned with those poor results.
Casilla, 32, boasts a 2.19 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 189 1/3 total frames with San Francisco.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)