Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Santiago Casilla hasn’t appeared in a game for the Giants since May 20 because of a cyst on his right knee. But the setup man is about ready to return.
According to beat writer Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, Casilla will meet up with the Giants on Thursday evening in San Diego and could be activated from the disabled list for the start of a four-game weekend series against the Padres.
Casilla allowed seven hits and issued five walks in five innings during his minor league rehab work with High-A San Jose, but the Giants don’t seem too concerned with those poor results.
Casilla, 32, boasts a 2.19 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 189 1/3 total frames with San Francisco.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)