Jul 10, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Great Moments in Denial:
Other teams that have talked with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro lately say he’s talking about buying, not selling.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 10, 2013
They’ve had a nice run against the division leaders and still find themselves 7.5 games back with no real sense of where the offensive production is going to come from and with little or no minor league talent with which to buy an impact bat.
But it’s not my team. If you want to be a buyer, Ruben, by all means go shopping. Let me know how you do.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (197)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)