Jul 10, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Great Moments in Denial:
Other teams that have talked with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro lately say he’s talking about buying, not selling.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 10, 2013
They’ve had a nice run against the division leaders and still find themselves 7.5 games back with no real sense of where the offensive production is going to come from and with little or no minor league talent with which to buy an impact bat.
But it’s not my team. If you want to be a buyer, Ruben, by all means go shopping. Let me know how you do.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)