Jul 10, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Great Moments in Denial:
Other teams that have talked with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro lately say he’s talking about buying, not selling.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 10, 2013
They’ve had a nice run against the division leaders and still find themselves 7.5 games back with no real sense of where the offensive production is going to come from and with little or no minor league talent with which to buy an impact bat.
But it’s not my team. If you want to be a buyer, Ruben, by all means go shopping. Let me know how you do.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)