Jul 10, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Great Moments in Denial:
Other teams that have talked with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro lately say he’s talking about buying, not selling.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 10, 2013
They’ve had a nice run against the division leaders and still find themselves 7.5 games back with no real sense of where the offensive production is going to come from and with little or no minor league talent with which to buy an impact bat.
But it’s not my team. If you want to be a buyer, Ruben, by all means go shopping. Let me know how you do.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 8
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 15
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)