Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We’ve heard some rumblings that the Yankees are looking to trade Joba Chamberlain. And speculation and common sense suggests that Phil Hughes might be a marketable piece for the Bombers. Ken Rosenthal reports today that, yes, the Yankees are shopping the remaining two of the former Big Three:
AL exec: “Yanks aggressively pushing Joba, Hughes. Joba could happen soon to NL team.” Source says #Yankees talking on both, nothing close.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 10, 2013
It makes a lot of sense for the Yankees to move both of them. I feel like both of them could use a fresh start in a more pitcher friendly environment. And one gets the sense that both of them would plan on leaving on their own accord soon anyway.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)