Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
We’ve heard some rumblings that the Yankees are looking to trade Joba Chamberlain. And speculation and common sense suggests that Phil Hughes might be a marketable piece for the Bombers. Ken Rosenthal reports today that, yes, the Yankees are shopping the remaining two of the former Big Three:
AL exec: “Yanks aggressively pushing Joba, Hughes. Joba could happen soon to NL team.” Source says #Yankees talking on both, nothing close.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 10, 2013
It makes a lot of sense for the Yankees to move both of them. I feel like both of them could use a fresh start in a more pitcher friendly environment. And one gets the sense that both of them would plan on leaving on their own accord soon anyway.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)