Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We’ve heard some rumblings that the Yankees are looking to trade Joba Chamberlain. And speculation and common sense suggests that Phil Hughes might be a marketable piece for the Bombers. Ken Rosenthal reports today that, yes, the Yankees are shopping the remaining two of the former Big Three:
AL exec: “Yanks aggressively pushing Joba, Hughes. Joba could happen soon to NL team.” Source says #Yankees talking on both, nothing close.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 10, 2013
It makes a lot of sense for the Yankees to move both of them. I feel like both of them could use a fresh start in a more pitcher friendly environment. And one gets the sense that both of them would plan on leaving on their own accord soon anyway.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)