Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We’ve heard some rumblings that the Yankees are looking to trade Joba Chamberlain. And speculation and common sense suggests that Phil Hughes might be a marketable piece for the Bombers. Ken Rosenthal reports today that, yes, the Yankees are shopping the remaining two of the former Big Three:
AL exec: “Yanks aggressively pushing Joba, Hughes. Joba could happen soon to NL team.” Source says #Yankees talking on both, nothing close.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 10, 2013
It makes a lot of sense for the Yankees to move both of them. I feel like both of them could use a fresh start in a more pitcher friendly environment. And one gets the sense that both of them would plan on leaving on their own accord soon anyway.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)