Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We’ve heard some rumblings that the Yankees are looking to trade Joba Chamberlain. And speculation and common sense suggests that Phil Hughes might be a marketable piece for the Bombers. Ken Rosenthal reports today that, yes, the Yankees are shopping the remaining two of the former Big Three:
AL exec: “Yanks aggressively pushing Joba, Hughes. Joba could happen soon to NL team.” Source says #Yankees talking on both, nothing close.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 10, 2013
It makes a lot of sense for the Yankees to move both of them. I feel like both of them could use a fresh start in a more pitcher friendly environment. And one gets the sense that both of them would plan on leaving on their own accord soon anyway.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)