Jul 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
According to Rodriguez, the University of North Carolina third baseman is getting the slot recommended bonus for the sixth pick, which is $3.5 million.
Considered the second-best college hitter in the draft class behind San Diego slugger Kris Bryant– who went No. 2 to the Cubs–Moran hit .357 with 13 homers and 50 walks compared to just 20 strikeouts in 60 games for UNC, getting on base at a .485 clip.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)