Jul 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
According to Rodriguez, the University of North Carolina third baseman is getting the slot recommended bonus for the sixth pick, which is $3.5 million.
Considered the second-best college hitter in the draft class behind San Diego slugger Kris Bryant– who went No. 2 to the Cubs–Moran hit .357 with 13 homers and 50 walks compared to just 20 strikeouts in 60 games for UNC, getting on base at a .485 clip.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)