Jul 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
According to Rodriguez, the University of North Carolina third baseman is getting the slot recommended bonus for the sixth pick, which is $3.5 million.
Considered the second-best college hitter in the draft class behind San Diego slugger Kris Bryant— who went No. 2 to the Cubs–Moran hit .357 with 13 homers and 50 walks compared to just 20 strikeouts in 60 games for UNC, getting on base at a .485 clip.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)