Jul 11, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Yu Darvish going on the disabled list means he won’t be able to participate in the All-Star game and MLB announced that Rays left-hander Matt Moore has been chosen to replace him on the American League pitching staff.
Moore finished up his first half this afternoon with 7.1 innings of three-run ball against the Twins, striking out 10 and allowing just three hits while picking up his 13th victory of the season. He goes into the break at 13-3 with a 3.44 ERA and 108 strikeouts in 107 innings and the one-time consensus top pitching prospect in baseball makes his first All-Star team at age 24.
And according to manager Joe Maddon the Rays waited to tell Moore until after the game.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 16
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 179
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 103
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (200)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)