Jul 11, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
As Mark Sheldon of MLB.com notes, Hanigan received a cortisone shot after sitting out Monday’s game and caught Tony Cingrani on Tuesday, but the soreness has lingered. This will be his second stint on the disabled list this season, as he missed time with a strained right oblique and a sore right thumb from late April to early May. The 32-year-old is batting just .193/.293/.276 with two home runs and 14 RBI in 46 games this season, so it’s been a disappointing season all around.
Mesoraco isn’t 100 percent right now either, as he’s been nursing back spasms, but he should get the bulk of the work behind the plate in the short-term. The Reds have called up Corky Miller to replace Hanigan on the active roster.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)