Jul 12, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he plans to platoon newcomer Jeff Francoeur and 32-year-old Japanese rookie Kensuke Tanaka in left field. Francoeur, signed by the Giants on July 8 after being designated for assignment by the Royals, will join the team tomorrow. Tanaka made his Major League debut on July 9, going 1-for-4 with a hit and a walk.
Prior to his ouster from Kansas City, Francoeur was hitting .208 with a .571 OPS in 193 trips to the plate, hitting left-handers equally as poorly as he hit right-handers. Francoeur is only 29 years old, but not many are optimistic about his ability to play at the Major League level.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)