Jul 12, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he plans to platoon newcomer Jeff Francoeur and 32-year-old Japanese rookie Kensuke Tanaka in left field. Francoeur, signed by the Giants on July 8 after being designated for assignment by the Royals, will join the team tomorrow. Tanaka made his Major League debut on July 9, going 1-for-4 with a hit and a walk.
Prior to his ouster from Kansas City, Francoeur was hitting .208 with a .571 OPS in 193 trips to the plate, hitting left-handers equally as poorly as he hit right-handers. Francoeur is only 29 years old, but not many are optimistic about his ability to play at the Major League level.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)