Phillies petition MLB to broadcast tomorrow night’s game vs. White Sox

Jul 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EST

Tonight’s series opener at Citizens Bank Park between the Phillies and White Sox has been postponed due to rain. Per Matt Gelb, they will play a double-header tomorrow, one game at 3:05 and another at 8:05. Unfortunately, the night game was not going to be televised:

However, it will be televised after all, per Ryan Lawrence of the Daily News.

1. Gordon - Jul 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM

They should make death row inmates watch this game, but that would be considered cruel & unusual punishment.

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Put on a squeaky nose, and some oversized shoes, for you are an assclown

• sabatimus - Jul 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Who’s to say he hasn’t already?

2. mrlaloosh - Jul 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Talk about a waste of the public airwaves.

• tfoz5150 - Jul 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

who you like, the Marlins?

3. DelawarePhilliesFan - Jul 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM

CSN is neither public, nor an airwave.

4. klucky97 - Jul 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM

good other people should be able to see the game not just those who have comcast

5. 8man - Jul 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I don’t like being denied a choice. I have paid for MLB Extra Innings. I demand this game is available for me to watch regardless of whether I have an interest to do so.

6. historiophiliac - Jul 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Wow, rough crowd.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Jul 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Weekend – the beer pours, and the passions flare :)

7. jimw81 - Jul 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM

i thought i was going to able to escape Tom Mccarthy for one game. :(

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Jul 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Say what? What do you have against T-Mac?

• bankboy2012 - Jul 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Pick one or more of these for the T-Mac hatred. These are based on observation and people I’ve talked to, so I don’t consider it definitive. I’m sure people can add more to this.

1) He used to work for the Mets
        2) He’s not Harry Kalas, although to be fair whoever stepped in was going to have some people hate them for no other reason than this one.
        3) Unnecessary, incessant chatter which is already mentioned in a comment below. We can see what’s going on (the whole vision part of television), sometimes it’s OK to be quiet and just let the visual speak for a few seconds.

• dwdive - Jul 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Wheels is the most annoying broadcaster, he’s the guy that nobody can stand…

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Jul 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM

That I would not disgree with. And yes, i occasionally wish T-Mac would cut with “Sarge, when you were playing, did you ever see a guy drop a ball like that?”

8. tjwilliams - Jul 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Man, where was this exemption a few years ago when the Twins and Rangers had to move a Saturday game from 12:00 to 7:00 because it was 1,000 degrees in Arlington?

9. danaking - Jul 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Fox is getting out of hand with the blackouts. They were starting their games at 4:00, which was fine, as they could get teams to change to that time. Now they want Saturday nights, when most teams play nowadays. I’m not paying for the mlb.tv package just so Fox can shove whatever game they decide to show locally down my throat every Saturday. It was one thing when the networks showed “The Game of the Week,” and youy’d see teams you didn’t usually get to see. Now you can see everyone on MLB and ESPN, even without the package. All Fox is showing here are the Orioles or Nats games with different announcers.

• jimw81 - Jul 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I can’t get enough of a 6 hr yankees vs red sox marathon with buck and mcarver talking entire time….

10. eagles512 - Jul 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM

McCarthy is without a doubt the worst play by play guy I’ve ever heard. He ruins games for me.

11. dannythebisforbeast - Jul 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM

T-Mac hasn’t grown on me. But Sarge and his misplaced emPHASis on words has. Don’t know what to call what’s grown on Wheels head.

12. eagles512 - Jul 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Sarge is terrible but at least he’s only 3 innings. TMac is brutal. Messes up constantly, makes awful jokes, harps on everything but the game, and refuses to go 2 seconds without talking. I don’t personally know anyone that likes him.

13. mnwildfan15 - Jul 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Joe Buck sucks!!!

14. ChandlerMc - Jul 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Sarge is the only one I’ve ever heard call a guy by just his last name… while interviewing him. “So Utley, tell me how it feels to get a big win tonight.” And Wheels is the absolute worst. I think that’s a Golden Retriever pelt he wears on his head.

15. jimw81 - Jul 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM

the #askthebooth twitter comments are the best. I think phillies front office know about this and refuse to do something about it.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. J. Kang (2827)
  2. W. Myers (2588)
  3. D. Ross (2295)
  4. C. McGehee (2212)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (2020)
  1. J. Shields (1930)