Jul 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Tonight’s series opener at Citizens Bank Park between the Phillies and White Sox has been postponed due to rain. Per Matt Gelb, they will play a double-header tomorrow, one game at 3:05 and another at 8:05. Unfortunately, the night game was not going to be televised:
For those asking: Phillies not allowed to televise second game because it is during FOX’s exclusive window. Yell at them, not me.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) July 12, 2013
However, it will be televised after all, per Ryan Lawrence of the Daily News.
Phils had to petition the league, as Fox has exclusive TV rights on Saturday nights. That's why it was just announced now.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) July 12, 2013
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)