Jul 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Tonight’s series opener at Citizens Bank Park between the Phillies and White Sox has been postponed due to rain. Per Matt Gelb, they will play a double-header tomorrow, one game at 3:05 and another at 8:05. Unfortunately, the night game was not going to be televised:
For those asking: Phillies not allowed to televise second game because it is during FOX’s exclusive window. Yell at them, not me.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) July 12, 2013
However, it will be televised after all, per Ryan Lawrence of the Daily News.
Phils had to petition the league, as Fox has exclusive TV rights on Saturday nights. That's why it was just announced now.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) July 12, 2013
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 10
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 42
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)