Jul 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Tonight’s series opener at Citizens Bank Park between the Phillies and White Sox has been postponed due to rain. Per Matt Gelb, they will play a double-header tomorrow, one game at 3:05 and another at 8:05. Unfortunately, the night game was not going to be televised:
For those asking: Phillies not allowed to televise second game because it is during FOX’s exclusive window. Yell at them, not me.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) July 12, 2013
However, it will be televised after all, per Ryan Lawrence of the Daily News.
Phils had to petition the league, as Fox has exclusive TV rights on Saturday nights. That's why it was just announced now.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) July 12, 2013
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)