Jul 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Tonight’s series opener at Citizens Bank Park between the Phillies and White Sox has been postponed due to rain. Per Matt Gelb, they will play a double-header tomorrow, one game at 3:05 and another at 8:05. Unfortunately, the night game was not going to be televised:
For those asking: Phillies not allowed to televise second game because it is during FOX’s exclusive window. Yell at them, not me.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) July 12, 2013
However, it will be televised after all, per Ryan Lawrence of the Daily News.
Phils had to petition the league, as Fox has exclusive TV rights on Saturday nights. That's why it was just announced now.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) July 12, 2013
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)