Jul 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Tonight’s series opener at Citizens Bank Park between the Phillies and White Sox has been postponed due to rain. Per Matt Gelb, they will play a double-header tomorrow, one game at 3:05 and another at 8:05. Unfortunately, the night game was not going to be televised:
For those asking: Phillies not allowed to televise second game because it is during FOX’s exclusive window. Yell at them, not me.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) July 12, 2013
However, it will be televised after all, per Ryan Lawrence of the Daily News.
Phils had to petition the league, as Fox has exclusive TV rights on Saturday nights. That's why it was just announced now.
— Ryan Lawrence (@ryanlawrence21) July 12, 2013
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)