Jul 12, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was pulled from tonight’s game against the Rockies in the fifth inning due to the sore left hip that has been bothering him lately. He was taken out after seven innings yesterday and could only make it five tonight. Scott Van Slyke replaced him in right field.
Puig recently lost the MLB All-Star Final Vote to Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman. Since making his debut on June 3, the 22-year-old Cuban had posted a .397/.429/.630 slash line entering tonight’s game.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)