Jul 12, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was pulled from tonight’s game against the Rockies in the fifth inning due to the sore left hip that has been bothering him lately. He was taken out after seven innings yesterday and could only make it five tonight. Scott Van Slyke replaced him in right field.
Puig recently lost the MLB All-Star Final Vote to Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman. Since making his debut on June 3, the 22-year-old Cuban had posted a .397/.429/.630 slash line entering tonight’s game.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 42
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 29
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 34
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 82
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 87
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)