Jul 12, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was pulled from tonight’s game against the Rockies in the fifth inning due to the sore left hip that has been bothering him lately. He was taken out after seven innings yesterday and could only make it five tonight. Scott Van Slyke replaced him in right field.
Puig recently lost the MLB All-Star Final Vote to Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman. Since making his debut on June 3, the 22-year-old Cuban had posted a .397/.429/.630 slash line entering tonight’s game.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)