Jul 12, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was pulled from tonight’s game against the Rockies in the fifth inning due to the sore left hip that has been bothering him lately. He was taken out after seven innings yesterday and could only make it five tonight. Scott Van Slyke replaced him in right field.
Puig recently lost the MLB All-Star Final Vote to Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman. Since making his debut on June 3, the 22-year-old Cuban had posted a .397/.429/.630 slash line entering tonight’s game.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)