Jul 12, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was pulled from tonight’s game against the Rockies in the fifth inning due to the sore left hip that has been bothering him lately. He was taken out after seven innings yesterday and could only make it five tonight. Scott Van Slyke replaced him in right field.
Puig recently lost the MLB All-Star Final Vote to Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman. Since making his debut on June 3, the 22-year-old Cuban had posted a .397/.429/.630 slash line entering tonight’s game.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)