Jul 13, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez had another good game for Triple-A Round Rock last night, as he went 3-for-5 and delivered a go-ahead solo home run in the ninth inning. Check out the video of the home run below.
Ramirez, who turned 41 in May, joined the Rangers earlier this month on a minor league deal. He’s hitting .286 (6-for-21) with two home runs, four RBI, and a 2/3 K/BB ratio over his first six games in Triple-A. Expectations were pretty modest going in, but with Lance Berkman on the disabled list with a hip injury, perhaps we haven’t seen the last of him in the big leagues.
By the way, Lee Warren has some quotes from Ramirez over at Minor League Ball, which is an excellent blog if you are into reading about prospects and the like.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 44
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)