Jul 13, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez had another good game for Triple-A Round Rock last night, as he went 3-for-5 and delivered a go-ahead solo home run in the ninth inning. Check out the video of the home run below.
Ramirez, who turned 41 in May, joined the Rangers earlier this month on a minor league deal. He’s hitting .286 (6-for-21) with two home runs, four RBI, and a 2/3 K/BB ratio over his first six games in Triple-A. Expectations were pretty modest going in, but with Lance Berkman on the disabled list with a hip injury, perhaps we haven’t seen the last of him in the big leagues.
By the way, Lee Warren has some quotes from Ramirez over at Minor League Ball, which is an excellent blog if you are into reading about prospects and the like.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 0
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 33
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)