Jul 13, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez had another good game for Triple-A Round Rock last night, as he went 3-for-5 and delivered a go-ahead solo home run in the ninth inning. Check out the video of the home run below.
Ramirez, who turned 41 in May, joined the Rangers earlier this month on a minor league deal. He’s hitting .286 (6-for-21) with two home runs, four RBI, and a 2/3 K/BB ratio over his first six games in Triple-A. Expectations were pretty modest going in, but with Lance Berkman on the disabled list with a hip injury, perhaps we haven’t seen the last of him in the big leagues.
By the way, Lee Warren has some quotes from Ramirez over at Minor League Ball, which is an excellent blog if you are into reading about prospects and the like.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)