Jul 13, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez had another good game for Triple-A Round Rock last night, as he went 3-for-5 and delivered a go-ahead solo home run in the ninth inning. Check out the video of the home run below.
Ramirez, who turned 41 in May, joined the Rangers earlier this month on a minor league deal. He’s hitting .286 (6-for-21) with two home runs, four RBI, and a 2/3 K/BB ratio over his first six games in Triple-A. Expectations were pretty modest going in, but with Lance Berkman on the disabled list with a hip injury, perhaps we haven’t seen the last of him in the big leagues.
By the way, Lee Warren has some quotes from Ramirez over at Minor League Ball, which is an excellent blog if you are into reading about prospects and the like.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)