Jul 13, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez had another good game for Triple-A Round Rock last night, as he went 3-for-5 and delivered a go-ahead solo home run in the ninth inning. Check out the video of the home run below.
Ramirez, who turned 41 in May, joined the Rangers earlier this month on a minor league deal. He’s hitting .286 (6-for-21) with two home runs, four RBI, and a 2/3 K/BB ratio over his first six games in Triple-A. Expectations were pretty modest going in, but with Lance Berkman on the disabled list with a hip injury, perhaps we haven’t seen the last of him in the big leagues.
By the way, Lee Warren has some quotes from Ramirez over at Minor League Ball, which is an excellent blog if you are into reading about prospects and the like.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)