Jul 13, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has been one of the more underrated players in baseball over the last few years, a big reason being his superb defense in left field. If you put any stock into defensive statistics, he has been the best defensive left fielder in baseball since 2011. Gordon showed off his glove again tonight, saving what could have been a two-run Nick Swisher double or triple in the bottom of the first.
Royals starter Jeremy Guthrie escaped the inning unscathed thanks in large part to Gordon, but did surrender five runs over seven innings in a 5-3 loss to the Indians.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)