Jul 13, 2013, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has been one of the more underrated players in baseball over the last few years, a big reason being his superb defense in left field. If you put any stock into defensive statistics, he has been the best defensive left fielder in baseball since 2011. Gordon showed off his glove again tonight, saving what could have been a two-run Nick Swisher double or triple in the bottom of the first.
Royals starter Jeremy Guthrie escaped the inning unscathed thanks in large part to Gordon, but did surrender five runs over seven innings in a 5-3 loss to the Indians.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)