Jul 13, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has been one of the more underrated players in baseball over the last few years, a big reason being his superb defense in left field. If you put any stock into defensive statistics, he has been the best defensive left fielder in baseball since 2011. Gordon showed off his glove again tonight, saving what could have been a two-run Nick Swisher double or triple in the bottom of the first.
Royals starter Jeremy Guthrie escaped the inning unscathed thanks in large part to Gordon, but did surrender five runs over seven innings in a 5-3 loss to the Indians.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)