Jul 13, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Alex Rodriguez had his long-awaited meeting yesterday with MLB’s investigators regarding his alleged connection to Biogenesis. If you are looking for any juicy details, well, there’s just not much to report.
The meeting took place Friday before the New York Yankees third baseman’s latest injury rehabilitation game in the minor leagues was rained out.
While A-Rod didn’t speak with reporters Friday, the meeting was confirmed by a person who spoke on condition of anonymity because no statements were authorized.
MLB investigators are probing the closed anti-aging clinic Biogenesis. Rodriguez has said he used PEDs while with Texas from 2001-03 but has denied using them since. He was linked to Biogenesis in a report in January by Miami New Times.
It was not known whether Rodriguez refused to answer MLB’s questions.
We heard earlier this week that Ryan Braun refused to answer questions from MLB’s investigators. While it’s not confirmed whether Rodriguez had a similar approach, that was certainly the expectation going in. While the report from ESPN.com earlier this week said that MLB is prepared to hand out 100-game suspensions sometime after the All-Star break, our own Craig Calcaterra was told by a source that the timeline and severity of the Biogenesis discipline has not been determined. However, the process could accelerate now that a conversation with Rodriguez, or lack thereof, is out of the way.
Rodriguez, who is coming back from January hip surgery, is 2-for-15 (.133) with one RBI through six minor league rehab games. He hasn’t been able to play since Wednesday due to inclement weather.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)