Jul 13, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Alex Rodriguez had his long-awaited meeting yesterday with MLB’s investigators regarding his alleged connection to Biogenesis. If you are looking for any juicy details, well, there’s just not much to report.
The meeting took place Friday before the New York Yankees third baseman’s latest injury rehabilitation game in the minor leagues was rained out.
While A-Rod didn’t speak with reporters Friday, the meeting was confirmed by a person who spoke on condition of anonymity because no statements were authorized.
MLB investigators are probing the closed anti-aging clinic Biogenesis. Rodriguez has said he used PEDs while with Texas from 2001-03 but has denied using them since. He was linked to Biogenesis in a report in January by Miami New Times.
It was not known whether Rodriguez refused to answer MLB’s questions.
We heard earlier this week that Ryan Braun refused to answer questions from MLB’s investigators. While it’s not confirmed whether Rodriguez had a similar approach, that was certainly the expectation going in. While the report from ESPN.com earlier this week said that MLB is prepared to hand out 100-game suspensions sometime after the All-Star break, our own Craig Calcaterra was told by a source that the timeline and severity of the Biogenesis discipline has not been determined. However, the process could accelerate now that a conversation with Rodriguez, or lack thereof, is out of the way.
Rodriguez, who is coming back from January hip surgery, is 2-for-15 (.133) with one RBI through six minor league rehab games. He hasn’t been able to play since Wednesday due to inclement weather.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)