Jul 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Angels starter Tommy Hanson, recovering from a strained right forearm, threw a simulated game this afternoon. Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register is reporting that, if there are no setbacks, the right-hander could return on July 23.
Hanson has been on the disabled list since June 21. In nine starts on the year, he has compiled a 5.10 ERA with a career-low 15 percent strikeout rate. The Angels acquired him last November from the Braves for reliever Jordan Walden. The Angels could use a healthy Hanson as their 4.29 rotation ERA is the fifth-worst in the American League
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48