Jul 13, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
During last night’s game against the Yankees, Twins rookie center fielder Aaron Hicks unleashed one of the more impressive throws you’re going to see.
Vernon Wells hit a ball into the right-center field gap to lead off the bottom of the sixth inning and decided to try for a triple after it bounced around on the warning track for a while. However, Hicks was able to make the long throw on the fly to nail him at third base. Check it out below.
It almost looked like he was daring Wells to try for third base. With a miserable slump to begin his career and a hamstring injury, Hicks’ rookie season hasn’t been the smoothest ride, but he seems to do something every couple of days which just makes you say, “wow.”
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22