Jul 13, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
During last night’s game against the Yankees, Twins rookie center fielder Aaron Hicks unleashed one of the more impressive throws you’re going to see.
Vernon Wells hit a ball into the right-center field gap to lead off the bottom of the sixth inning and decided to try for a triple after it bounced around on the warning track for a while. However, Hicks was able to make the long throw on the fly to nail him at third base. Check it out below.
It almost looked like he was daring Wells to try for third base. With a miserable slump to begin his career and a hamstring injury, Hicks’ rookie season hasn’t been the smoothest ride, but he seems to do something every couple of days which just makes you say, “wow.”
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 49
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)