Jul 13, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
During last night’s game against the Yankees, Twins rookie center fielder Aaron Hicks unleashed one of the more impressive throws you’re going to see.
Vernon Wells hit a ball into the right-center field gap to lead off the bottom of the sixth inning and decided to try for a triple after it bounced around on the warning track for a while. However, Hicks was able to make the long throw on the fly to nail him at third base. Check it out below.
It almost looked like he was daring Wells to try for third base. With a miserable slump to begin his career and a hamstring injury, Hicks’ rookie season hasn’t been the smoothest ride, but he seems to do something every couple of days which just makes you say, “wow.”
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)