Jul 13, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
After Yasiel Puig was forced to make an early exit from the past two games due to a lingering injury to his left hip, Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Cuban sensation is not in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies.
Puig originally injured his hip when he collided with the right-field fence while making a catch at Coors Field on July 3. Coincidence or not, he’s hitting .256 (10-for-39) with one double and a 13/3 K/BB ratio since. Per Pedro Moura of the Orange County Register, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly indicated that there has been some uncertainty about his ability to play in recent days.
Mattingly: “We gotta make sure we do a better job of communicating, as far as understanding if (Puig) can go.”—
Pedro Moura (@PedroMoura) July 13, 2013
It’s unclear when Puig will be ready to go, but it would hardly be surprising if he was held out the rest of the weekend. It’s best that he gets this thing under control in preparation for the second half of the season. Maybe him missing out on playing in the All-Star Game isn’t such a bad thing after all.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)