Jul 13, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
After Yasiel Puig was forced to make an early exit from the past two games due to a lingering injury to his left hip, Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Cuban sensation is not in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies.
Puig originally injured his hip when he collided with the right-field fence while making a catch at Coors Field on July 3. Coincidence or not, he’s hitting .256 (10-for-39) with one double and a 13/3 K/BB ratio since. Per Pedro Moura of the Orange County Register, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly indicated that there has been some uncertainty about his ability to play in recent days.
It’s unclear when Puig will be ready to go, but it would hardly be surprising if he was held out the rest of the weekend. It’s best that he gets this thing under control in preparation for the second half of the season. Maybe him missing out on playing in the All-Star Game isn’t such a bad thing after all.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 87
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)