Jul 13, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Dodgers starter Zack Greinke made his best start of the season tonight, blanking the Rockies over nine innings as the Dodgers provided the bare minimum run support in a 1-0 victory. Greinke allowed just two hits and one walk while striking out nine — and he didn’t record his first strikeout until the fifth inning. The lone run came on a Hanley Ramirez RBI groundout in the bottom of the second inning.
Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood was nearly as good, allowing just the one run in an eight-inning complete game. He allowed four hits and walked two while striking out four, lowering his ERA to 2.56 over 12 starts. Chatwood snaps the Rockies’ streak of 299 consecutive starts without a complete game, tweets Tracy Ringolsby.
The win is the Dodgers’ sixth in their last seven games and they are finally above .500 for the first time since April 15. The first-place Diamondbacks, leading the Dodgers by a meager two games now, play the last-place Padres tonight.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)