Jul 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The 2013 All-Star Week festivities get underway this afternoon with the Futures Game — a showcase of some of the best prospects in baseball, pitting U.S.-born players against those from around the world. First pitch is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET at New York’s Citi Field. The game will be broadcast on ESPN 2.
TEAM USA TEAM WORLD CF Billy Hamilton, CIN LF Reymond Fuentes, SD 2B Delino DeShields Jr., HOU 2B Arismendy Alcantara, CHC RF George Springer, HOU SS Xander Bogaerts, BOS 1B C.J. Cron, LAA 3B Miguel Sano, MIN 3B Matt Davidson, ARI RF Henry Urrutia, BAL LF Joc Pederson, LAD 1B Jordan Lennerton, DET DH Christian Yelich, MIA CF Gregory Polanco, PIT SS Addison Russell, OAK DH Maikel Franco, PHI C Austin Hedges, SD C A.J. Jimenez, TOR SP Noah Syndergaard, NYM SP Rafael Montero, NYM
One of the best sights to see during All-Star Week is Futures Game batting practice. The kids aren’t used to the big stadium, the big crowd and the throngs of media, so they each try to put on a show when they step in. Miguel Sano, the Twins’ powerful rising star, apparently lived up to the hype earlier this morning.
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 24
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)