Jul 15, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Revere recovered from an awful April to hit .347 in 65 games since May and raise his overall batting average to .305, but now he’s in danger of missing the remainder of the season.
Acquired from the Twins for Vance Worley and Trevor May this offseason, Revere is a career .285 hitter with 96 steals in 342 games at age 25, but he’s yet to homer in 1,400 plate appearances and has a modest .654 OPS. His injury has the Phillies talking about getting another center fielder, but anyone they bring in would presumably be merely a stop gap.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)