Jul 15, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Revere recovered from an awful April to hit .347 in 65 games since May and raise his overall batting average to .305, but now he’s in danger of missing the remainder of the season.
Acquired from the Twins for Vance Worley and Trevor May this offseason, Revere is a career .285 hitter with 96 steals in 342 games at age 25, but he’s yet to homer in 1,400 plate appearances and has a modest .654 OPS. His injury has the Phillies talking about getting another center fielder, but anyone they bring in would presumably be merely a stop gap.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)