Jul 15, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Revere recovered from an awful April to hit .347 in 65 games since May and raise his overall batting average to .305, but now he’s in danger of missing the remainder of the season.
Acquired from the Twins for Vance Worley and Trevor May this offseason, Revere is a career .285 hitter with 96 steals in 342 games at age 25, but he’s yet to homer in 1,400 plate appearances and has a modest .654 OPS. His injury has the Phillies talking about getting another center fielder, but anyone they bring in would presumably be merely a stop gap.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (328)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)