Jul 15, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Revere recovered from an awful April to hit .347 in 65 games since May and raise his overall batting average to .305, but now he’s in danger of missing the remainder of the season.
Acquired from the Twins for Vance Worley and Trevor May this offseason, Revere is a career .285 hitter with 96 steals in 342 games at age 25, but he’s yet to homer in 1,400 plate appearances and has a modest .654 OPS. His injury has the Phillies talking about getting another center fielder, but anyone they bring in would presumably be merely a stop gap.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (149)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)