Jul 15, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Revere recovered from an awful April to hit .347 in 65 games since May and raise his overall batting average to .305, but now he’s in danger of missing the remainder of the season.
Acquired from the Twins for Vance Worley and Trevor May this offseason, Revere is a career .285 hitter with 96 steals in 342 games at age 25, but he’s yet to homer in 1,400 plate appearances and has a modest .654 OPS. His injury has the Phillies talking about getting another center fielder, but anyone they bring in would presumably be merely a stop gap.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 0
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)