Jul 15, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
“I’m excited to share that moment with him,” Bryce Harper told James Wagner of the Washington Post, noting that his dad threw “millions” of pitches to him and his brother Bryan Harper growing up.
Bryan Harper is a reliever in the Nationals’ farm system and Wagner reports that to prepare for pitching in the Home Run Derby Ron Harper threw batting practice with his son’s Single-A team.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)