Jul 15, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
“I’m excited to share that moment with him,” Bryce Harper told James Wagner of the Washington Post, noting that his dad threw “millions” of pitches to him and his brother Bryan Harper growing up.
Bryan Harper is a reliever in the Nationals’ farm system and Wagner reports that to prepare for pitching in the Home Run Derby Ron Harper threw batting practice with his son’s Single-A team.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 3
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)