Jul 15, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
“I’m excited to share that moment with him,” Bryce Harper told James Wagner of the Washington Post, noting that his dad threw “millions” of pitches to him and his brother Bryan Harper growing up.
Bryan Harper is a reliever in the Nationals’ farm system and Wagner reports that to prepare for pitching in the Home Run Derby Ron Harper threw batting practice with his son’s Single-A team.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)