Jul 15, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Granderson has been out since May 25 with a broken pinkie finger that was initially expected to keep him sidelined for at least 4-6 weeks. He’s already started to do most baseball activities, including “hitting in the cage recently and doing some stuff soft toss.”
This is the second major injury of the season for Granderson, who’s played a total of just eight games in between DL stints.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)