Jul 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Harvey is certainly deserving of the assignment, posting a 2.55 ERA and league-leading 147 strikeouts in a dominant first half at age 24, although former Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers leads the NL with a 1.98 ERA (and has 139 strikeouts) and the story would probably be a whole lot different if the All-Star game were being playing at Dodger Stadium.
Whatever the case, it should be a pretty cool scene when Harvey takes the mound at Citi Field.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)