Jul 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Harvey is certainly deserving of the assignment, posting a 2.55 ERA and league-leading 147 strikeouts in a dominant first half at age 24, although former Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers leads the NL with a 1.98 ERA (and has 139 strikeouts) and the story would probably be a whole lot different if the All-Star game were being playing at Dodger Stadium.
Whatever the case, it should be a pretty cool scene when Harvey takes the mound at Citi Field.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)