Jul 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Harvey is certainly deserving of the assignment, posting a 2.55 ERA and league-leading 147 strikeouts in a dominant first half at age 24, although former Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers leads the NL with a 1.98 ERA (and has 139 strikeouts) and the story would probably be a whole lot different if the All-Star game were being playing at Dodger Stadium.
Whatever the case, it should be a pretty cool scene when Harvey takes the mound at Citi Field.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 4
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 50
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 49
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 52
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)