Jul 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Harvey is certainly deserving of the assignment, posting a 2.55 ERA and league-leading 147 strikeouts in a dominant first half at age 24, although former Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers leads the NL with a 1.98 ERA (and has 139 strikeouts) and the story would probably be a whole lot different if the All-Star game were being playing at Dodger Stadium.
Whatever the case, it should be a pretty cool scene when Harvey takes the mound at Citi Field.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)