Jul 15, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
While checking out the sites and sounds from Citi Field this afternoon, our own Craig Calcaterra noticed that the out-of-town scoreboard featured scores of the recent All-Star Games. A nice touch by MLB. However, one game in particular was curiously absent.
Yes, MLB apparently wants us to forget that the 2002 All-Star Game ever happened. Of course, that’s the one that ended in 7-7 tie after both teams ran out of pitchers. Quick, somebody ask Torii Hunter if he remembers making this catch. I fear that MLB may have greater powers than any of us imagined.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 61
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)