Jul 15, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
While checking out the sites and sounds from Citi Field this afternoon, our own Craig Calcaterra noticed that the out-of-town scoreboard featured scores of the recent All-Star Games. A nice touch by MLB. However, one game in particular was curiously absent.
Yes, MLB apparently wants us to forget that the 2002 All-Star Game ever happened. Of course, that’s the one that ended in 7-7 tie after both teams ran out of pitchers. Quick, somebody ask Torii Hunter if he remembers making this catch. I fear that MLB may have greater powers than any of us imagined.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)