Jul 15, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
While checking out the sites and sounds from Citi Field this afternoon, our own Craig Calcaterra noticed that the out-of-town scoreboard featured scores of the recent All-Star Games. A nice touch by MLB. However, one game in particular was curiously absent.
Yes, MLB apparently wants us to forget that the 2002 All-Star Game ever happened. Of course, that’s the one that ended in 7-7 tie after both teams ran out of pitchers. Quick, somebody ask Torii Hunter if he remembers making this catch. I fear that MLB may have greater powers than any of us imagined.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59