Jul 15, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
While checking out the sites and sounds from Citi Field this afternoon, our own Craig Calcaterra noticed that the out-of-town scoreboard featured scores of the recent All-Star Games. A nice touch by MLB. However, one game in particular was curiously absent.
Yes, MLB apparently wants us to forget that the 2002 All-Star Game ever happened. Of course, that’s the one that ended in 7-7 tie after both teams ran out of pitchers. Quick, somebody ask Torii Hunter if he remembers making this catch. I fear that MLB may have greater powers than any of us imagined.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)