Jul 15, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
While checking out the sites and sounds from Citi Field this afternoon, our own Craig Calcaterra noticed that the out-of-town scoreboard featured scores of the recent All-Star Games. A nice touch by MLB. However, one game in particular was curiously absent.
Yes, MLB apparently wants us to forget that the 2002 All-Star Game ever happened. Of course, that’s the one that ended in 7-7 tie after both teams ran out of pitchers. Quick, somebody ask Torii Hunter if he remembers making this catch. I fear that MLB may have greater powers than any of us imagined.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)