Jul 16, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
While teammates Mariano Rivera and Robinson Cano were participating in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game at Citi Field, Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was continuing his minor league rehab assignment with the Double-A Trenton Thunder.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, A-Rod went 0-for-3 with a run-scoring sac fly while playing seven innings on defense at third base in the Thunder’s loss to Double-A Reading (Phillies). The 37-year-old is now 5-for-28 (.179) since being cleared to play in rehab games at the end of June.
Rodriguez has been telling people that he’s less than a week away from being ready for live major league action and it sounds like the Biogenesis stuff is going to take a while to sort out, so get your popcorn ready.
A-Rod has been on the disabled list all season as he recovers from a major January hip procedure.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (198)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)