Jul 16, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
While teammates Mariano Rivera and Robinson Cano were participating in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game at Citi Field, Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was continuing his minor league rehab assignment with the Double-A Trenton Thunder.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, A-Rod went 0-for-3 with a run-scoring sac fly while playing seven innings on defense at third base in the Thunder’s loss to Double-A Reading (Phillies). The 37-year-old is now 5-for-28 (.179) since being cleared to play in rehab games at the end of June.
Rodriguez has been telling people that he’s less than a week away from being ready for live major league action and it sounds like the Biogenesis stuff is going to take a while to sort out, so get your popcorn ready.
A-Rod has been on the disabled list all season as he recovers from a major January hip procedure.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)