Jul 16, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
While teammates Mariano Rivera and Robinson Cano were participating in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game at Citi Field, Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was continuing his minor league rehab assignment with the Double-A Trenton Thunder.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, A-Rod went 0-for-3 with a run-scoring sac fly while playing seven innings on defense at third base in the Thunder’s loss to Double-A Reading (Phillies). The 37-year-old is now 5-for-28 (.179) since being cleared to play in rehab games at the end of June.
Rodriguez has been telling people that he’s less than a week away from being ready for live major league action and it sounds like the Biogenesis stuff is going to take a while to sort out, so get your popcorn ready.
A-Rod has been on the disabled list all season as he recovers from a major January hip procedure.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)