Jul 16, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
While teammates Mariano Rivera and Robinson Cano were participating in Tuesday night’s All-Star Game at Citi Field, Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was continuing his minor league rehab assignment with the Double-A Trenton Thunder.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, A-Rod went 0-for-3 with a run-scoring sac fly while playing seven innings on defense at third base in the Thunder’s loss to Double-A Reading (Phillies). The 37-year-old is now 5-for-28 (.179) since being cleared to play in rehab games at the end of June.
Rodriguez has been telling people that he’s less than a week away from being ready for live major league action and it sounds like the Biogenesis stuff is going to take a while to sort out, so get your popcorn ready.
A-Rod has been on the disabled list all season as he recovers from a major January hip procedure.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)