Jul 16, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Alex Rodriguez played his ninth minor-league rehab game yesterday at Double-A and hit his first homer, going 2-for-4 with two RBIs as he comes back from hip surgery.
And then afterward Rodriguez gave all sorts of optimistic quotes to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger, saying it was “by far the best I’ve felt and played” and “today we checked a lot of boxes.”
Asked about his return timetable, Rodriguez declared himself “about six days away” from coming off the disabled list and rejoining the Yankees, which coincides with the date his rehab stint would reach the maximum length.
Overall in nine rehab games he’s 5-for-25 (.200) with one homer, one double, and a 7/1 K/BB ratio, so Rodriguez hasn’t exactly been tearing it up in the minors.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 94
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 32
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)