Jul 16, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
In speaking to a gathering of Baseball Writers Association of America members today MLB executive vice president Joe Torre revealed that he’s “pretty confident” expanded instant replay will be in place for next season.
Players would have to sign off on any agreement, so Torre also made it clear that “we’re still in the tweaking stages” and “we’re not limiting ourselves.”
Of course, it’s also worth noting that Bud Selig said similarly optimistic things last October about having expanded replay for 2013, only to have Torre announce in February that it wasn’t happening.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8