Jul 16, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Pedro Ciriaco is on the move again, as the Royals have claimed the infielder off waivers from the Padres.
Ciriaco was previously traded from the Red Sox to the Padres for a player to be named later or cash in mid-June and hit .238 with a .617 OPS in 23 games for San Diego before they decided to cut him loose.
He isn’t much a hitter, but Ciriaco’s defensive versatility gives him some value as a bench player and despite bouncing around he’s still only 27 years old.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)