Jul 16, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Pedro Ciriaco is on the move again, as the Royals have claimed the infielder off waivers from the Padres.
Ciriaco was previously traded from the Red Sox to the Padres for a player to be named later or cash in mid-June and hit .238 with a .617 OPS in 23 games for San Diego before they decided to cut him loose.
He isn’t much a hitter, but Ciriaco’s defensive versatility gives him some value as a bench player and despite bouncing around he’s still only 27 years old.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 66
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 25
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 95
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)