Jul 16, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Pedro Ciriaco is on the move again, as the Royals have claimed the infielder off waivers from the Padres.
Ciriaco was previously traded from the Red Sox to the Padres for a player to be named later or cash in mid-June and hit .238 with a .617 OPS in 23 games for San Diego before they decided to cut him loose.
He isn’t much a hitter, but Ciriaco’s defensive versatility gives him some value as a bench player and despite bouncing around he’s still only 27 years old.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 9
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 18
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)