Jul 16, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Pedro Ciriaco is on the move again, as the Royals have claimed the infielder off waivers from the Padres.
Ciriaco was previously traded from the Red Sox to the Padres for a player to be named later or cash in mid-June and hit .238 with a .617 OPS in 23 games for San Diego before they decided to cut him loose.
He isn’t much a hitter, but Ciriaco’s defensive versatility gives him some value as a bench player and despite bouncing around he’s still only 27 years old.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)