Jul 16, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Pedro Ciriaco is on the move again, as the Royals have claimed the infielder off waivers from the Padres.
Ciriaco was previously traded from the Red Sox to the Padres for a player to be named later or cash in mid-June and hit .238 with a .617 OPS in 23 games for San Diego before they decided to cut him loose.
He isn’t much a hitter, but Ciriaco’s defensive versatility gives him some value as a bench player and despite bouncing around he’s still only 27 years old.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)