Jul 17, 2013, 3:37 PM EST
Like it or not, here he comes. Alex Rodriguez was a guest with WFAN’s Mike Francesa this afternoon and confirmed that he expects to be with the Yankees on Monday against the Rangers in Texas.
Rodriguez is hitting just .179 (5-for-28) with one home run and seven strikeouts over 10 rehab games between Low-A Charleston, High-A Tampa, and Double-A Trenton, but he told Francesa that his surgically-repaired hip feels good and that he has been encouraged by his progress in recent days. The 37-year-old has played in four straight games for the first time during his rehab and hit the home run on Monday. The current plan calls for him to join Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre tomorrow and finish out his 20-day rehab clock before joining the Yankees.
Rodriguez was asked about MLB’s investigation into Biogenesis, but he would only say that he has not discussed the possibility of a plea agreement on a potential suspension. If you recall, his representatives had a similar denial earlier this week.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 247
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (247)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)