Jul 17, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Like it or not, here he comes. Alex Rodriguez was a guest with WFAN’s Mike Francesa this afternoon and confirmed that he expects to be with the Yankees on Monday against the Rangers in Texas.
Rodriguez is hitting just .179 (5-for-28) with one home run and seven strikeouts over 10 rehab games between Low-A Charleston, High-A Tampa, and Double-A Trenton, but he told Francesa that his surgically-repaired hip feels good and that he has been encouraged by his progress in recent days. The 37-year-old has played in four straight games for the first time during his rehab and hit the home run on Monday. The current plan calls for him to join Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre tomorrow and finish out his 20-day rehab clock before joining the Yankees.
Rodriguez was asked about MLB’s investigation into Biogenesis, but he would only say that he has not discussed the possibility of a plea agreement on a potential suspension. If you recall, his representatives had a similar denial earlier this week.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)