Jul 17, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
Having seen just a little of the steroid-accusing tweets directed at Davis for the past several months I can only imagine what it must have been like looking through his at-replies on a regular basis. Really, it’s amazing he lasted this long.
Or as Davis put it:
There was no correlation with any time of the year or anything like that. I tried it for about a year and it just wasn’t something I was into. For every nine positive things, you get one negative thing. I’ve had a great following and a lot of support on Twitter. But it’s just not something I cared to indulge in anymore.
That sounds about right, actually, although I’m way too far into my Twitter obsession to give it up. After all, how could I possibly quit something that provides amazing interactions like this one on a daily basis.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (95)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)