Jul 17, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
Having seen just a little of the steroid-accusing tweets directed at Davis for the past several months I can only imagine what it must have been like looking through his at-replies on a regular basis. Really, it’s amazing he lasted this long.
Or as Davis put it:
There was no correlation with any time of the year or anything like that. I tried it for about a year and it just wasn’t something I was into. For every nine positive things, you get one negative thing. I’ve had a great following and a lot of support on Twitter. But it’s just not something I cared to indulge in anymore.
That sounds about right, actually, although I’m way too far into my Twitter obsession to give it up. After all, how could I possibly quit something that provides amazing interactions like this one on a daily basis.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)