Jul 17, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
Having seen just a little of the steroid-accusing tweets directed at Davis for the past several months I can only imagine what it must have been like looking through his at-replies on a regular basis. Really, it’s amazing he lasted this long.
Or as Davis put it:
There was no correlation with any time of the year or anything like that. I tried it for about a year and it just wasn’t something I was into. For every nine positive things, you get one negative thing. I’ve had a great following and a lot of support on Twitter. But it’s just not something I cared to indulge in anymore.
That sounds about right, actually, although I’m way too far into my Twitter obsession to give it up. After all, how could I possibly quit something that provides amazing interactions like this one on a daily basis.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)