Jul 17, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
Having seen just a little of the steroid-accusing tweets directed at Davis for the past several months I can only imagine what it must have been like looking through his at-replies on a regular basis. Really, it’s amazing he lasted this long.
Or as Davis put it:
There was no correlation with any time of the year or anything like that. I tried it for about a year and it just wasn’t something I was into. For every nine positive things, you get one negative thing. I’ve had a great following and a lot of support on Twitter. But it’s just not something I cared to indulge in anymore.
That sounds about right, actually, although I’m way too far into my Twitter obsession to give it up. After all, how could I possibly quit something that provides amazing interactions like this one on a daily basis.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)